| Home | Back | Board News | ACC Info. | Charities | Committees | Contact Info. | Contractors List | County News | Documents Index | Documents Page | Franconia News | Grounds Committee | Home Maintenance | Items for sale | Links | Lost & Found | Meeting Locations | Notification | Parking Committee | RHOA Blog | RHOA Handbook | Message Board | Tennis Courts | Towing | Trash Pickup | Wanted |
Fairfax County News
A Newcomer's Guide to Fairfax County
If You Just Moved to Fairfax County, click here to get information about . . .
  • Register to Vote
  • Register Your Vehicle
  • Enroll your children in county Schools
  • License your Dog
  • Recycling
  • Trash
  • Tax Relief
  • County Government
  • County Services
  • Courts
  • Recreation and Leisure
  • Your Board of Supervisors
  • Government Offices
  • Emergency Phone Numbers
  • General Information Phone Numbers

Living in Fairfax County
Want to know more about living in Fairfax County? Click here for more information. Don't forget to visit the "Leisure" page for information on attractions, parks, golf and shopping.

Today in Fairfax
This is a link to the Fairfax County page of current events with links to calendars, current issues and news releases. Click here for Today in Fairfax.

Lee District News
Runnymeade is located in the Lee District of Fairfax County. 

Our Lee District Fairfax County Supervisor is Jeff McKay.  His office is located very near our community in the Franconia Governmental Center, 6121 Franconia Road, Alexandria 22310.

For News and Events for Lee District, click here, http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/lee/, where you can also sign up for  
Supervisor McKay's Lee District e-Newsletter.

Trash Disposal FAQ
Click here for trash disposal and free mulch pickup information in Fairfax County.
  • How do I get to the I-66 Complex?
  • How do I get to the I-95 Complex?
  • What is hazardous waste?
  • How are hazardous wastes handled?
  • Do you take tires at the I-95 Complex?
  • What is the process for obtaining a commercial, disposal or tire disposal permit?
  • Where can I dispose of automobile batteries?
  • Where can I dispose of latex paint?
  • Is mulch free and will you load it?
  • Can I get a copy of my weight ticket?
  • What are the fees for disposing of different materials, including recyclables?

Although the Runnymeade Homeowner's Association pays for trash and recyclable item removal, you might need to know what is acceptable in certain situations. This County web page tells you where to go, and how to dispose of paint, batteries, and other waste.

To report a Zoning or Noise Ordinance violation.
Fairfax County provides an online form to report possible Zoning or Noise Ordinance violations within the County of Fairfax. Click here to reach a link to this form.

You can read many of the Codes and ordinances of Fairfax County here.

The County's Noise Ordinance (ch. 108 of the County Code) forbids excessive noise from musical instruments, radios, televisions or other sound systems, as well as disturbances by barking dogs or other domestic animals. To violate the ordinance, noise must be clearly audible across property lines or through partitions. In addition, the Noise Ordinance prohibits a number of specific actions during early morning or late evening hours. All complaints usually require monitoring to establish that a violation exists.

Here are some specific prohibitions stating acts that are considered violations during the hours noted:
  • Operating loud speakers & amplifiers (exterior of buildings) 11 PM -7 AM
  • Operating construction equipment (outdoors) 9 PM - 7 AM
  • Operating construction equipment (outdoors) on Sundays and Federal Holidays 9 PM - 9AM
  • Repairing vehicles or equipment (outdoors) 9 PM - 7 AM
  • Operating powered model vehicles (outdoors) 9 PM - 7 AM
  • Refuse collection in residential neighborhoods 9 PM - 6 AM
  • Truck loading or unloading (outdoors) 9 PM - 6 AM

Complaints should be reported to Zoning Enforcement, 703-324-1300, between 8 AM and 4:30 PM weekdays. In addition, noise complaints can be reported to the Police Department's non-emergency line at 703-691-2131.


Page content © 2017, Runnymeade Home Owners Association
Contact Site Administrator     Manage Page Content     Printer Friendly View

This Homeowners Association Website hosted with home-owners-assoc.com, a division of Nord Enterprises, Inc.