Trash – MONDAYS and THURSDAY S
Recycling – THURSDAYS ONLY
Bulk Items – THURSDAYS ONLY
Where to put your trash out for pickup:
Curbside – in front of your townhouse only
When to put your trash out for pickup:
After 6:00 p.m. the night before pickup and before 6:00 a.m. pickup day
Trash containers must be removed from in front of your house within 24 hours of trash pickup.
CONSISTENT FAILURE TO FOLLOW RUNNYMEADE’S RULES WILL RESULT IN FINES BEING IMPOSED.
- Household waste only, no construction or remodeling waste.
- No household hazardous waste (no paint, pesticides, oil, gas, antifreeze, corrosive chemicals, etc.).
- For more info on household hazardous waste, contact the Fairfax County Office of Solid Waste at 703-631-1179.
- Acceptable items include: aluminum cans, foil and trays rinsed and cleaned; metal food and beverage cans; clear and colored glass; #1 thru #7 plastics, plastic bottles, wide mouth plastic containers and rigid plastics; newspapers, mixed paper, junk mail, magazines, phone books and catalogs; empty aerosol cans; cardboard, paperboard (including cereal boxes without the lining and frozen food packs, etc.; and corrugated cardboard.
- Moving boxes are recyclable and must be placed out with recycling collection.
- Recycling items may be commingled in the same recycling container.
- We prefer you do not use plastic bags for recycling.
Yard Debris guidelines:
- Grass clippings and leaves should be bagged in clear plastic bags, brown paper bags, or a personal can clearly marked “Yard Debris.”
- Brush and limbs should be bundled and tied. Limbs should not exceed four feet in length and three inches in diameter.
- Items that are bagged or bundled are not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Concrete, bricks, blocks, mulch, dirt and sod are not acceptable and should be taken to the County Landfill by the resident.
- From January 1 to March 1, yard debris pickup is on Thursdays only; for remainder of the year, pickup will be on both collection days.
Bulk items guidelines:
- Please notify American Disposal’s Customer Service at 703-368-0500 at least 24 hours in advance when putting out bulk items (i.e., furniture, appliances, etc.). There may be a charge for bulk items depending on size and quantity of the items.
- Our trash contractor, American Disposal Services, does not operate on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day, and on days when the county landfill is closed or the roads are deemed unsafe due to snow or ice. Your trash and /or recycling will be picked up on the next scheduled collection day unless otherwise notified. If you put your trash out and it is not picked up, you are responsible for taking it back and not putting it out until the next pickup day.
For more information:
- Contact American Disposal Customer Service at 703-368-0500 or visit www.americandisposal.com
- Contact Jeffrey Charles & Associates, Runnymeade’s Managing Agent, at 703-924-5900
- Contact the Fairfax County Office of Solid Waste at 703-631-1179 or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov
- Visit Runnymeade’s web site at www.runnymeade.org